Who can resist a delicious homemade Passionfruit Slice?
This sweet treat has a crunchy coconut base and a creamy passionfruit top (with a hint of lime).
And it is super easy to make.
Would you like my recipe? - I knew you would ask :)
1 cup Self-Raising flour
1 cup dessicated coconut
125 grams / 4.41 oz butter, melted
1/2 cup caster / superfine sugar
1 x 395 g /14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice + one tablespoon of zest
5 tablespoons of passionfruit pulp
1. Preheat your oven to 165 degC / 329 degF.
2. Combine the base ingredients in a bowl. Line your slice tray with baking paper. Tray is approx 19 x 29cm / 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 in. Tip mixture into slice tray. Press firmly with the back of a big spoon till you have a smooth and compact base.
3. Whack it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix up the topping. I used limes for this recipe. Zest the limes (or lemon) first before juicing.
Combine all the topping ingredients in a bowl.
* get another spoon and lick out any remaining condensed milk out of the can while you are waiting for the base to cook - you know you want to. :)
5. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the biscuit base to cool a little. Pour the passionfruit mixture over the top. Return it to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes.
6. Let the slice cool in the tin. Cut into portions. Store slice in a sealed container in the fridge. The passionfruit slice is best after a couple of hours in the fridge.
Guaranteed to become a firm favourite.